Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes with protected box, capsule and a certificate of authenticity.
- This collector version America The Beautiful coin features a beautiful Burnished Finish and the "P" mint mark.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Depicts the statesman Frederick Douglass seated at a writing desk with his home in Washington, DC, in the background.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Click here for Capsules, Mint Boxes, Mint Tubes and Wood Display Cases to fit every Silver America The Beautiful coin in your collection!
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your cart today!
Frederick Douglass National Historic Site - District of Columbia, Washington D.C.
Established in 1962 and officially opened after a ten year renovation, the Frederick Douglass Site and his home Cedar Hill were opened to the public in 1972. Due to the small size of the house, tours are by ticket only but the site is an important historic landmark in the definition of the American identity. Frederick Douglass was a runaway slave who became a freeman, and spent his life fighting for justice and equal rights.
Born into slavery in 1818, he escaped as a teenager and became a leading voice in the abolitionist movement. Douglas' fame as an orator increased as he traveled and he went on to publish several books advocating for freedom and challenged racial segregation in the North, which were pertinent issues during the Civil War. Later in his life Douglass moved to Washington D.C. area to hold several political and civil positions. In 1877 he purchased the home today known as the Cedar House.
Most significantly, Douglass he held positions of public office at a time when violence and fraud severely restricted African-American political activism. In 1895 Douglass passed away at the age of 77. The legend of Frederick Douglass has inspired people from around the world during through his tireless struggle of activism, articulate words and inclusive vision of humanity for all.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.