- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a protective plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Portrays the Jody Clark likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, as well as the coin’s monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features an adult kangaroo on a grassed plain with a joey in the background. The marsupials are framed by native Australian grass trees. The design also incorporates the inscription "Australian Kangaroo," The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark, the 2020 year-date, and the weight and purity.
- Guaranteed by The Perth Mint.
Display your Gold Kangaroo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The Gold Kangaroo offers an unrivaled combination of quality, fascinating wildlife design and a limited mintage, making this Gold coin a collectible you'll want to own. Add the 2020 1/2 oz Gold Australian Kangaroo coin to your cart today!
The Gold Kangaroo series was originally the Gold Nugget series minted by the Perth Mint, beginning in 1986. The reverse images featured various Gold Nuggets from 1986 to 1989, until the design was changed in 1989 to feature the kangaroo, which was more symbolic of Australia. Minted in denominations of 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, 1 oz and 1 kilo sizes, these coins have legal tender status in Australia. A significant appeal for collectors is the fact that the designs of these beautiful coins change each year, differentiating them from many other popular Gold sovereign coins. This is the first year featuring the new Jody Clark effigy of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
The kangaroo is the most instantly recognizable wildlife symbol of Australia. The world's largest marsupial, females carry their infants around in their pouch for two months after being born. These young kangaroos, called joeys, will stay close to their mothers until about eight months of age.
Red Kangaroos hop along on their powerful hind legs and do so at tremendous speed and with incredible grace. In fact, a red kangaroo can reach speeds of over 35 miles per hour! Their massive gait allows them to cover 25 feet in a single leap. The male kangaroos are larger than the females, and sometimes fight over potential mates by leaning back on their tails and boxing each other with their strong hind legs.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jan 1, 2021
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.