Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Limited edition presentation of only 400 Proof coins.
- Packaged in a presentation box with numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays a likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Created by popular illustrator David Lawrence, the design features the Royal Tudor Beast growling with razor-sharp claws, an extraordinary mane and a royal crown.
- Sovereign coin minted by The Royal Mint and backed by the British government.
Add a home safe to your order today to protect your 1 oz Gold Proof Lion of England, along with any other prized collections.
Celebrate the second release in this exciting 10-coin series from The Royal Mint. Continue your collection by adding this limited mintage 1 oz Gold Proof coin to your cart today!
The Royal Tudor Beasts from The Royal Mint
Starting in 2022, The Royal Mint released The Royal Tudor Beast series to follow the ending of their collector favorite series, The Queen's Beasts. This new series plans to include both Gold and Silver Proofs, including this limited mintage 1 oz Gold Proof, featuring the famous beasts of the Tudor legacy: The Seymour Panther, The Lion of England, The Bull of Clarence, The Tudor Dragon, The Greyhound of Richmond, The Royal Dragon, The Yale of Beaufort, The Seymour Unicorn, The Queen's Panther and The Queen's Lion.
2022 1 oz Gold Royal Tudor Beasts Lion of England Proof
The Lion of England has been a part of heraldry for as long it has existed. First appearing on royal emblems in the 12th century and continuing today, The Lion of England is a selection made by both kings or queens to represent pride and courage with an iconic look to symbolize the strength between two people who choose this animal to be depicted on their shields – much like the strong marriage between King Henry VIII and his queen, Jane Seymour.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.