- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
This coin was issued by Panama to commemorate the centennial of the proposal for the Panama canal by French engineer, and chief architect of the Suez Canal, Ferdinand de Lesseps.
The attempt to build the Panama Canal at sea level during the 1880s was devastated by epidemics in the area and financial problems. The project was bought out by the USA and changed to a non-sea level canal, which was completed in 1914.
- Mintage of only 2,468.
- Contains .1146 oz actual Gold weight.
- Coins will be in Proof condition and delivered in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Depicts a portrait of Ferdinand de Lesseps. 'CENTENARIO DEL CANAL DE PANAMA 1880-1980 - FERDINAND DE LESSEPS'.
- Reverse: Features the Panama coat of arms, denomination and fineness.
Protect your Proof coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful Panama Proof Gold coin to your collection today!
80% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Nov 8, 2019
pleasantly surprised coin came in presentation case with coa. beautiful design like all coins from panama. hope apex gets more of these in stock
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.