- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Mintage of 100.
- Coin comes in a capsule in a box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The Golden Shield of the Arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the national flower) and the bearded fig tree (ficus Citrifolia). On either side of the shield are the supporters – on the right is a dolphin, symbolic of the fishing industry and on the left is a pelican, for Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbor development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling, and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane that are symbolic of the sugar industry. The coat of arms carries the motto, "Pride and Industry."
- Reverse: Features an image of a two seahorses facing opposite directions. One seahorse has its tail extended toward the rim of the coin. In the background are graphics representing the waves of the ocean and ocean plants. The name of the coin, purity and year of issue are also on the reverse.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Barbados government.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This is a great Gold bullion coin for any collector, as it has a limited mintage. Add this beautiful Seahorse coin to your cart today!
Seahorses propel themselves by using a small fin on their back that flutters up to 35 times per second. Smaller pectoral fins located near the back of the head are used for steering.
There are 40 known species of the small marine fish, and they are named due to their head and neck resembling a horse. Seahorses prefer to swim in pairs with their tails linked together and mate for life.
Barbados Seahorse Series
This is the fourth coin in the Caribbean Gold series featuring the unique seahorse. Each year, a new design features the seahorse - or in this year's coin, a couple of seahorses. The Gold coin was added on the third year of this series because of the popularity of the Silver, and APMEX wanted to give customers another option for their collection. All previous coins in this program have sold out and are difficult to find in the market.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.