Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- First year of release for the 1 oz Gold Libertad BU series.
- Contains 1 oz of .900 fine Gold.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States).
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: Winged Victory in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Protect your Gold Libertad with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding a presentation box to your order.
This magnificent Brilliant Uncirculated 1 oz Gold coin is a popular choice not only because of its attractive design, but also its mintage at Casa de Moneda de Mexico, the oldest mint in North America. Add this 1981 1 oz Gold Mexican Libertad coin to your cart today!
Gold Libertads were first struck in 1 oz Gold in a Brilliant Uncirculated finish in the year 1981. There were 596,000 coins minted that first year, which is still lower than some issues of other Gold bullion coins. The design on this coin is based on the historical Centenario coin that celebrated the 100th anniversary of Mexico's independence from Spain. This design remained on the series until the release of the 2000 Gold Libertad, where the design was updated.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.