Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coins are housed in the original government box of issue and come with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of United States of America, Liberty, In God We Trust and Quarter Dollar.
- Reverse: Features the essential elements for survival among homesteaders, which included food, shelter and water. "Homestead," "Nebraska" and the date around the edge.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add these beautiful Silver coins to your cart today!
The Homestead National Monument in southeastern Nebraska memorializes the Homestead Act of 1862, in which President Lincoln allowed both men and women to claim their stake on land in the west. Individuals who filed for the land were given 160 acres and needed to make improvements on the land and file for a deed when finished. The Homestead Act changed with the times as technological advances made it easier to cultivate land and the government began handing out larger portions. In 1976, the Homestead Act was officially repealed.
The park itself features a monument on the exact location of the first successfully claimed land from 1862. The park also includes 100 acres of tallgrass prairie, which was fully restored to what it looked like before the homesteaders staked their claims. The park also contains over two miles of hiking trails through the prairie and woodlands. Lastly, the Palmer-Epard Cabin, built in 1867, resides 14 miles northeast of the monument and has been restored several times through the years to maintain its squared logs, earth floored downstairs and small attic.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.