|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This coin commemorates George Rogers Clark historical Park. These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value.
- Limited mintage of 35,000 coins.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in capsules. Multiples of 10 come in mint-issued tubes without capsules. Orders of 100 come in mint-issued monster boxes also without capsules.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Depicts George Rogers Clark leading his men through the flooded plains approaching Fort Sackville.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint
The America the Beautiful series will include 56 coins. Protect your Silver ATB coin in style by adding a beautiful display box to your cart.
This monumental piece of United States history is forever captured in this beautifully crafted 5 oz Silver coin. Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
George Rogers Clark National Historical Park
Dating back to 1779, a young 25-year old general named George Rogers Clark decided to form a group of frontiersmen to overthrow the British who held Fort Sackville along with a Appalachian frontier territory the size of the original 13 colonies. The British controlled the region beyond the colonies after the French and Indian war, and used the proclamation of 1763 as justification to send Indian war parties out to battle with settlers in the area. Clark, not wanting to stand-by idly, won approval from the governor to lead a major offensive against the British. After almost a year of planning, skirmishes, and ruthless warfare, the Americans took the fort in a public display of kicking the British out of the area.
Transferred to the National Park Service in 1966, today the site holds the Clark Memorial and is an important marker in America’s westward expansion. Thanks to the bold efforts of George Rogers Clark, America was able to gain the control of the area that eventually became Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin in the 1783 Treaty of Paris.
Designed by Frank Morris and engraved by Michael Gaudioso, the coin captures the frontiersman trudging through the floodplain to battle. The scene is forceful, lively, and true to the challenges early Americans whose efforts led to the formation of the frontier, the west, and America as we know it today.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:W. Bill
Date:Dec 9, 2017
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.