The first .9999 fine Gold coin ever produced by the U.S. Mint, the Gold Buffalo pays homage to the classic design of the 1913 Buffalo Nickel. Struck on specially-prepared planchets, these Proof coins bear a beautiful mirror finish and exquisite detail.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coin comes in complete original packaging including an elegant presentation box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Proof finish adds further beauty with an impressive shine.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Proof Gold Buffalos add a new beauty to this popular coin design. Add this Proof Gold Buffalo to your cart today!