- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 come in plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- This issue comes in Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Mintage of only 4,004,000 coins.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap with the word "Liberty" on her hair band, bordered by "E Pluribus Unum," the date of issue and thirteen small stars representing the original colonies.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch and a bundle of arrows, surrounded by "United States of America," "One Dollar" and "In God We Trust."
- Morgan Dollars from the New Orleans Mint feature a "O" mint mark.
Beautifully showcase your Morgan Dollar collection by adding a display album to your order.
This piece of American history will instantly add value to any Silver collection. Add this Morgan Dollar to your cart today!
40% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Airman Snuffy
Date:Sep 20, 2013
I ordered four 1897-O Morgans advertised and sold as AU condition. Sent all four to be graded. Two were "AU50" and the other two completely missed the grade. One was "XF45" and the other was ungradeable as "Cleaned AU details." Not worth sending back as the money spent to grade them is already gone and wasted. This is the third time I have sent coins I purchased from APMEX to be graded and they came back as ungradeable or graded a complete level lower. I mostly buy sealed/graded or average circulated coins from APMEX, but evey once in awhile, I try their guess-work out only to be disappointed more often than not, I would not have left a review except that I received an email requesting one. Be careful what you ask for APMEX.
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Inaccurate Grade
- Poor Condition
- Less Than Advertised
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.