- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- This denomination was one of four, along with the $1, $10, and $20, to be used for this purpose during the war.
- These notes come housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- All notes are from series 1934-A in Very Good condition.
- Face: Features a brown seal and serial numbers along with the familiar portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: Features a large “Hawaii” over-stamp in block letters across the middle.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Series 1934-A $5 Federal Reserve Notes with the "Hawaii" overprint are very popular with collectors. Add some of these great collector’s items to your cart today!
Julian/Morganthau signatures—Friedberg #2302.
Due to the very real possibility of a Japanese invasion of Hawaii and the west coast following Pearl Harbor, the Treasury Department issued these special notes. In the event of the currency falling into enemy hands, these could be rendered worthless by the government. Although many of these notes were printed during the war, they are seldom seen today. These historic notes would make great gift ideas for any currency collector.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Old 13 Farms
Date:Oct 18, 2021
Being an "Army Brat" as well as a Retired Army Veteran, I was fortunate enough to have spent three years of my childhood in Hawaii. While I certainly have no recollection of these during the sixties, I'm sure they were floating around. I'm pleased to have this one. Thank You, APMEX.
- High Quality
- Attractive Design
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.