|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
These Two Dollar Bills were the first issued in the current small size notes that was first adopted in 1928.
- These $2.00 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1928.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Average circulated notes from series 1928 through 1928-G.
- These notes will be in Extra Fine to Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Each note has a portrait of President Thomas Jefferson on the front with an engraving of his Virginia home, Monticello on the back.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $2 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when the denomination was discontinued. The deuce was revived in 1976 as a Federal Reserve Note. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers make them great collector items.
Series 1928 $2 United States Notes were printed in lower numbers than their later counterparts, and they saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s. These $2 Red Seals are popular with collectors!
Series 1928 through 1928-G of our choice and limited to available inventory.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.