- Product Details
- Sell to Us
The expansion of agriculture and the loss of its grassland habitat—not to mention the effects of predation and poisoning—caused this cat-sized canine to vanish from the Canadian prairies in the late 1930s. It was absent for nearly half a century, but thankfully, reintroduction efforts began in 1983; by 1997, 942 swift foxes had been released into the southern grasslands of Alberta and Saskatchewan, and a small but growing population was successfully established. Through ongoing research, recovery work and coordinated conservation efforts led by various organizations and members of the Canadian Swift Fox Recovery Team, including the Calgary Zoo, the swift fox is mounting a comeback in Canada and is considered one of the most successful species re-introduction stories.
- This set includes a $2 coin composed of nickel, steel and brass; a $1 coin composed of brass plated steel, and $0.50, $0.25, $0.10 and $0.05 coins composed of nickel plated steel.
- Displayed in book-style packaging with removable lens and serialized certificate. Maroon outer cover with black box.
- These uncirculated coins have been carefully selected to provide you with the best examples of their kind.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian artist Claude Thivierge, the set-exclusive specimen $1 coin features a depiction of the swift fox (Vulpes velox) running through the mixed-grass prairies.
Inspect the newest addition to your collection with ease by adding a magnifier to your order.
The affordable set makes a great gift—it is an easy way to share your passion and interests by starting a young person on their collecting journey. Add this 2022 Canada Swift Fox coin set to your cart today!
While Canada is home to an estimated 80,000 species, many are facing an uncertain future. Habitat loss and human activities are putting our natural heritage at risk. But there is reason to hope for the future, thanks to the efforts of organizations, volunteers and everyday Canadians. The future of our endangered species and habitats is in our hands, and this year’s specimen set is a reminder that conservation is a long-term commitment.
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.