Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Gold Libertads have a classic, stunning design that stand out in any collection. This magnificent Brilliant Uncirculated 1 oz Gold coin is a popular choice not only because of its attractive design, but also its mintage at Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest mint in North America.
- Limited mintage of 2,050 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: Winged Victory in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Protect your Gold Libertad with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this 2018 1 oz Gold Mexican Libertad coin to your cart today!
Gold Libertads have limited mintages that vary each year. These low mintages add to the collectibility of the series, and premiums tend to rise quickly due to the low supply in the market. Our Investor Collections page on the 1 oz Gold Libertad shows the mintage of each previous release, along with the approximate value increase over time.
Gold Libertads were first struck in 1 oz Gold in a Brilliant Uncirculated finish in the year 1981. The design on the coins minted in 1981 and 1991-1994 is based on the historical Centenario coin that celebrated the 100th anniversary of Mexico's independence from Spain. The 2000 Gold Libertad was the year when the design was updated to also feature the historical coat of arms surrounding the coat of arms of Mexico. Gold Libertads are known to have extremely low mintages for bullion coins, making backdated coins difficult to come across, and adding to the collectibility of the series.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Aug 29, 2018
I was drawn to purchase a Libertad for their beauty and rarity, and the 2018 minting did not disappoint. This is a radiant, exquisitely detailed coin; the pictures here don't do it justice. Delivered in a timely manner and in pristine condition thanks to APMEX.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.