- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .3856 oz silver, as 16.66 grams of .720 fine.
- Coins will be in protective packaging, and will be dates of our choosing.
- Obverse: Mexican coat of arms featuring a golden eagle perched atop a cactus, devouring a snake.
- Reverse: Radiant Phrygian cap with the inscription "LIBERTAD" above a wreath of oak and laurel. Denomination, date and "M" mint mark below.
- Produced by Banco de Mexico from 1920-1945.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These classic pesos are a great way to explore the long, illustrious history of Mexican numismatics, or simply to diversify your precious metals holdings with some old Mexican silver at relatively low premiums. Add one, or several, to your cart today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:The Silver Sea
From:Orange County, California
Date:Sep 22, 2023
The 1 Peso has quickly become one of my favorites thanks to it's gorgeous eagle design on one side, and the cap with rays on the other. The edges also have the "Independencia Y Libertad" lettering just like the 50 Peso Centenario and with a matching eagle design, this feels like a mini version of that. It feels pretty hefty in your hand and sounds amazing when flipped in the air. The coin came in great condition considering it was minted in 1940, with no noticeable toning and almost no scratches. Great and affordable piece of the past to own.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.