- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
APMEX offers the largest selection of holiday-themed products in the industry, which make the perfect gift for a loved one or someone special. To see our full assortment of holiday-themed products, check out The Holiday Shop for more seasonal offerings that can only be found here.
- Individually selected by our numismatic team to ensure you receive our finest BU quality coins.
- Each coin contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- The card insert features a beautiful and elegant black and white Christmas tree design.
- Packaged in a tamper-evident RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Obverse: Left facing profile of Liberty. Anna Willess Williams, a teacher and philosophical writer, modeled for this design of Lady Liberty by George T. Morgan.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch in one talon and a bundle of arrows in the other. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America," "One Dollar" and "In God We Trust."
Proudly present your Morgan Silver Dollar coin with an attractive display box. For a convenient and easy way to store and collect multiple coins at once, add either the 10-count storage box or 20-count storage box to your order.
Whether you are a seasoned collector or someone looking to add a piece of numismatic history to your collection, APMEX has the perfect gift for that special someone this holiday season. Add these Brilliant Uncirculated Morgan Silver Dollars to your cart today!
Morgan Dollar Obverse Design
Designed by George T. Morgan, the Morgan Dollar holds a special place in U.S. coinage history as it was the first coin to feature Lady Liberty as an American woman rather than a Greek-style figure. Lady Liberty was modeled after Anna Willess Williams, a model and actor whom Morgan had declared to have the most perfect profile, which made her a suitable fit for the design. Lady Liberty’s profile is prominently featured in the center with her cap adorned with wheat and cotton, an image that pays tribute to America's agricultural history.
Morgan Dollar Reverse Design
Like the obverse, the reverse was designed by George T. Morgan after several patterns were made before finally settling on the final design. A strong and heraldic eagle is shown clutching an olive branch and arrows, which symbolizes that the United States is a peaceful nation, but one that will defend itself.
After nearly two decades, the Morgan Dollar finally made its triumphant return for one year only in 1921. Production was halted in 1904 after Silver reserves were exhausted. Before making its long awaited return in 1918, and after Wold War I, the Pittman Act was established and passed which allowed the melting of and recoining of millions of coins. In order to meet and satisfy the act, production resumed in 1921.
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may vary, determined by stock on hand.
These coins exhibit no wear, and retain their original mint luster. Due to the minting process, however, most coins will have typical contact marks.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.