1857-S $20 Lib Gold SS Central America 20A MS-64 PCGS
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Own a true piece of American history with this shipwreck coin, pedigreed by PCGS, from the SS Central America! Graded by PCGS as MS-64. Extremely Rare!
- Struck in .900 fine Gold.
- Authenticated and graded MS-64 by PCGS with the special Gold Foil label.
- Designed by James B. Longacre.
- Obverse: Depicts a bust of Liberty with 13 stars around the perimeter. The date is at the bottom.
- Reverse: Features an eagle with its wings spread and a shield in front of its breast. The mintmark is located just above the denomination.
- This coin is Type-1 as the denomination is abbreviated “TWENTY D.”.
- This coin was minted in San Francisco and carries the “S” mintmark.
Protect and display your 1857-S $20 Lib Spiked Shield variety graded MS-64 PCGS in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 1857-S $20 Lib Gold SS Central America 20A Spiked Shield coin to your cart today!
S.S. Central America:
Own a piece of the California Gold rush known today as “America’s Lost Treasure”. It is part of the coins minted in San Francisco then put on the ill-fated S.S. Central America which set sail for New York City. The ship encountered a fierce hurricane off the East coast, sunk, and remained beneath the Atlantic Ocean off the Carolinas for the next 130 years.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.