- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- None available from Mint Sets for this year make this coin scarce.
- Contains Copper/Nickel bonded to an inner core of pure Copper.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging.
- Designed by John Flanagan.
- Obverse: Features the profile of George Washington.
- Reverse: Depicts a heraldic eagle holding a cluster of arrows and an olive branch below.
Protect and display your Washington Quarter by adding a protective plastic capsule to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 1986-S Washington Quarter to your cart today!
In 1932, to celebrate the bicentennial of George Washington’s birth, the bicentennial committee sought to briefly replace the Walking Liberty half dollar with a one-year-only Washington half dollar. Instead, the Standing Liberty quarter was permanently replaced. The new quarters were released on August 1, 1932. Following the Coinage Act of 1965 that removed all Silver from circulating dimes and quarters, the composition of Washington quarters changed to a pure copper inner layer between two outer layers of cupronickel (a copper/nickel alloy).
This example comes to you as a Gem Proof Deep Cameo. The details on this coin stand out remarkably well! Get this Washington Quarter while you can!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.