Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht.
- Obverse: Features Lady Liberty seated holding a pole with a liberty cap in her left hand and a shield in her right hand.
- Reverse: Depicts an eagle perched on a branch holding three arrows, with a shield on its chest.
Protect and display your Liberty Seated Dollar by adding a protective plastic capsule to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 1840-1873 Liberty Seated Silver Dollar to your cart today!
Dates and mint marks of our choice limited to stock at hand.
Liberty Seated Dollars
Silver Dollars had been on a long hiatus by the time Liberty Seated Dollars were created. Aside from some patterns and extreme rarities, there had been no Silver Dollars struck for general circulation since 1803. By the late 1830s, patterns known as Gobrecht Dollars were designed and created by Christian Gobrecht, but were ultimately rejected. Finally, in 1840 the Seated Dollar design was adopted, and minting for general circulation began again. Due to rising Silver prices in the 1850s, the Silver content within these coins quickly became worth more than their face value, resulting in later issues being used primarily in export trade.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.