- Product Details
George T. Morgan, at the time the assistant engraver to William Barber of the U.S. Mint, created a new design for the U.S. Silver dollars to be put into production in 1878. This series is highly popular among collectors.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- This coin is in Extra Fine condition.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, wearing a Phrygian cap with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch in one talon and a bundle of arrows in the other.
- This issue features the mintmark “O” for the New Orleans Mint just above the denomination.
Protect and display your Morgan Dollar in style by adding an attractive album or holder to your order.
This piece of history will instantly add value to your investment portfolio or personal collection. Add this 1888-O Morgan Silver Dollar to your cart today.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Big E
Date:Sep 25, 2018
I bought three of these so that I could select the nicest one to give as a gift and specifically wanted the XF grade so that the recipient could handle it without worrying too much about fingerprints or accidental drops. All three coins were in the expected condition and it was difficult to determine which was the nicest of the group and which was the worst. Since I couldn't decide which was the best I flipped a coin. The coins were well packaged without any markings to identify APMEX as the sender, which is very nice. I will make other purchases from APMEX in the future.
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.