1878-S Morgan Dollar AU
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsGeorge T. Morgan's classic design of Liberty has taken the Morgan Silver Dollar from an item used in everyday American currency to a beloved piece of any Silver collection. This Almost Uncirculated issue is from the inaugural year of the Morgan Dollar.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 come in plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- This issue comes in Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap with the word "Liberty" on her hair band, bordered by "E Pluribus Unum," the date of issue and thirteen small stars representing the original colonies.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch and a bundle of arrows, surrounded by "United States of America," "One Dollar," and "In God We Trust."
- Features the San Francisco Mint's "S" mintmark.
Beautifully showcase your Morgan Dollar collection by adding a display album to your order.
This piece of American history will instantly add value to any collection. Add this 1878-S Morgan Dollar to your cart today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jan 25, 2018
Date:Apr 26, 2017
Everything about this coin is what I ordered! Very nice condition, nice and frosty finish just like I like them! I recommend APMEX to everyone who wants a quality product delivered in a timely manner!
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
Date:Feb 9, 2017
I purchased Morgan 1878-S Morgans to add to my already large collection of Morgans as well as the Morgan Silver Dollar Display Case. I collect Morgans as well as other American Coins for their historical value, I think over the next 10-20 years they will increase in value. Only a few years ago I was buying Morgans for less than 20 dollars. I also like them for their silver content so there are two reasons that they have value. I remember several years ago hearing someone discussing collectors say " If you are going to collect something it might as well be money".
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
Date:Mar 30, 2015
With 1878 being the "Inaugural" year of Morgan Silver Dollars, I felt this purchase was important. I have a brilliant/Uncirculated 1904-O Silver Dollar, because that was the last year before a "Swan Song" production in 1921, the truly final year. Very satisfied with it.
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.