- Product Details
Many of the coins of this date exhibit a very sharp strike with very lustrous surfaces. Great coins for a type set!
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic coin protective packaging.
- Mintage of 12,760,000 coins.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, wearing a Phrygian cap with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch in one talon and a bundle of arrows in the other.
- This issue features the mintmark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the denomination.
Protect and display your Morgan Dollar in style by adding an attractive album or holder to your order.
Minted from 1878-1921, this design by George T. Morgan is considered to be one of the most beloved designs of American coinage. This piece of history will instantly add value to your investment portfolio or personal collection. Add this 1881-S Morgan Silver Dollar to your cart today!
85% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Dec 31, 2016
I wanted to expand my Morgan collection to dates that I did not have. At the same time was looking for quality. These fit the bill.The quality of the coins I received was very good. I'm not an expert at grading, these fell into the BU class and to me they look to be above average.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
Date:Oct 15, 2015
I ordered only one of these coins to fill a spot in my collection and the one I received was pretty good. Since I want to say it is a 63, that means it is probably a MS-62 in reality. A couple of light bag marks, but the coin has a nice luster and is well struck. I think there is more value to be had buying pre-graded coins for this year's mintage. For a loose coin though, it was as promised.
- Attractive Design
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
- Common (higher mintage)
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.