Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
These coins exhibit typical contact marks consistent with the MS-62 grade of each coin.
- Contains .9675 oz of Gold.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the MS-62 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Miss Liberty wearing a pearl-bordered diadem inscribed “LIBERTY”.
- Reverse: An eagle with spread wings with a shield on its breast, 13 stars in an oval with rays above encircled with "United States of America" and "Twenty Dollars".
- Designed by James B. Longacre and minted from 1850-1907.
- U.S. Mint issue from the following mints: Philadelphia, Denver, Carson City, New Orleans or San Francisco.
Protect your $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
NGC, one of the top two coin grading services, has guaranteed the Brilliant Mint State-62 condition of this coin, adding collectibility to the beloved design. Enhance your collection by adding this $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!
Dates on these random year Gold coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
As you continue to browse APMEX, you will find our multi-million dollar rare coin and bullion inventory contains Pre-1933 U.S. Gold, rare coins, numismatic rarities, and Silver dollars for both the novice and the expert. APMEX, one of the leading Precious Metals dealers in the country, specializes in PCGS and NGC graded coins.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Michael K.
Date:Oct 25, 2016
This is a beautiful type $20 Liberty gold double eagle. I have always wanted one and could finally afford to buy an example. It is graded MS-62 NGC, but I was disappointed in that it had more damage on it (particularly its reverse side) than I had expected. During my many years of coin collecting, it is my humble opinion that graded and slabbed coins have become too arbitrary and therefore a disaster for collectors. I almost returned it for an exchange, but I decided to keep it for fear of getting another one like it but with more handling damage on it. Please note that I do not blame APMEX for this issue.
- Attractive Design
- Poor Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.