Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
From the Bering Strait to the Antarctic Circle, and many of the Pacific isles in between, the British navigator charted more terra incognita than any other in his time. This fine Silver proof dollar commemorates the 240th anniversary of Cook’s arrival at the summer home of the Nuu-chah-nulth people, at Nootka Sound, which drew more explorers and traders to Canada’s western shores.
- Contains a total of 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver distributed among seven different coins; a 1-dollar proof coin with selective Gold plating, 2-dollar coin with selective Gold plating, 1-dollar coin with selective Gold plating, and 50-cent, 25-cent, 10-cent and 5-cent coins.
- All seven coins are struck in .9999 fine Silver.
- This set comes in a genuine leather book-style packaging.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: All reverses vary by denomination and feature designs not found in circulation by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your pristine proof set from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this 2018 240th Anniversary Captain Cook Proof Set to your cart today!
Maritime artist John Horton presents an artistic rendering of Captain James Cook’s arrival at Nootka Sound in April 1778. Towering mountains and the timbered headland of Bligh Island provide a stunning backdrop to this historical portrait, all precisely engraved in a superb proof finish and framed by a nautical twisted rope. Viewed in three-quarter profile, a stern-looking Cook keeps a watchful eye on his ship and crew while holding a telescope in one hand, his Admiralty orders in the other. Behind his left shoulder is HMS Discovery, which is moored a short distance away from HMS Resolution, whose crew is unrigging the ship and removing masts and spars in preparation for repairs. In the water, a group of Nuu-chah-nulth approach the Resolution in a canoe, ready to extend a friendly greeting.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.