- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Used widely in circulation until the 1960s.
- Each group comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Notes are from series 1957 in Crisp Uncirculated condition.
- 14 Consecutively Serial Numbered Notes.
- Last printed in the early 1960s and features the familiar portrait of President George Washington.
- Priest/Anderson signatures—Friedberg #1619.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Series 1957 was the last $1 Silver Certificates printed. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Although many of these series were printed in the billions, Crisp Uncirculated examples of these Silver Certificates, the newest of which are at least 50 years old, are not that easy to find! These were the last Silver Certificates issued, and believe it or not, the last denomination to be replaced with Federal Reserve Notes beginning in 1963.
The Treasury Department stopped redeeming these notes for Silver in June of 1968, but they remained legal tender. Although over 740 million were printed, consecutively numbered examples in Crisp Uncirculated condition are hard to find.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.