- Product Details
- Sell to Us
Series 1963 $5 United States Notes (Red Seal). These make great gifts for the beginning collector!
- These $5 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1963.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Circulated notes from series 1963.
- These Star Notes will be in Cull with rips, tears, pinholes, graffiti, stains, or repairs.
- Each note has a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln on the face with an engraving of the Lincoln Memorial on the back.
- Signatures and Friedberg # vary.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960's when the denomination was discontinued. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers and competitive prices make them great collector items. In addition, their original printing of just over 63 million is small by today's standards!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.