|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Individual coins are house in TEP-RF-welded polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish along with a British Royal Monarchy themed style card memorializing the life and legacy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Features The Royal Mint's guilloché obverse design.
- Obverse: A depiction of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your 2022 Great Britain 1 oz Gold Britannia in Queen Elizabeth II memorial packaging with cotton gloves.
Celebrating the Life & Legacy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Her Majesty inherited the throne at just 25 years old and reigned for the next 70 years. As the longest reigning monarch, Queen Elizabeth's status as head of state remained a constant source of strength through times of uncertainty. She led through post-war hardships, the transition from Empire to Commonwealth, the end of the Cold War, and the United Kingdom's admission to and out of the European Union. She reformed the monarchy, making strides to engage the public with walk abouts, royal visits and attendance at public events. Perhaps it was this level of engagement and strength of character that Her Majesty is most remembered for. While celebrating her Platinum Jubilee in June 2022, Her Majesty said, "I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attitudes of leadership are universal and are about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, talents, their insights, their enthusiasm, and their inspiration to work together." Queen Elizabeth II did much to inspire unity in her 70-year reign. She was beloved and her loss is felt worldwide.
The Royal Mint Britannia Series
The Royal Mint's Britannia series was first introduced in 1987 and has remained one of the world’s most popular coin series. While the design of the Britannia coins has changed slightly over the years, they all feature a statue of Britannia standing on a rock with a trident in her hand. The coins also feature the word "Britannia" and the year of minting. The Britannia coin series is highly prized by collectors, and coins from earlier years are especially valuable.
The Gold Britannia is one of the flagship coins of The Royal Mint and is one of the most popular products. Following the popularity of the Gold Britannia, The Royal Mint began using the popular design on a Silver coin for the first time in 1997 as a Proof coin. Soon after, in 1998, the Silver Britannia was also released in a bullion version. Today, the series has expanded to several sizes and also includes Platinum Britannia coins along with the limited mintage Proof Gold and Proof Silver Britannia coins.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.