- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Approximately .7734 oz of Silver.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic bags.
- Multiples of 20 come in plastic tubes.
- Obverse: Left facing profile of Liberty. Anna Willess Williams modeled for this design of Lady Liberty by George T. Morgan.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch in one talon and a bundle of arrows in the other. Surrounding the eagle is "United States of America," "One Dollar," and "In God We Trust."
- These Morgan Dollars from the U.S. Mint are dated 1878-1904.
These coins exhibit considerable wear or may have other condition problems. Add these Cull Silver Dollars to your cart today! .
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
The minting of Silver Morgan Dollars was a result of the Bland-Allison Act that reinstated Silver as legal tender in February 1878. Before 1878, production of Silver Dollars and other Silver coinage had been halted under the Coinage Act of 1873, and this left Gold as the standard economic unit of account. Silver coins had become devalued for multiple reasons, including the discovery of the largest Silver vein in world history. By 1878, Congress decided that U.S. coins should be both Silver and Gold, and therefore, Congress passed the Bland-Allison Act, which required the U.S. Treasury to purchase a fixed amount of each month to be minted into Silver coinage.Product Reviews:
See what APMEX customers are saying about Morgan Silver Dollars and more.
96% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Old 13 Farms
Date:Sep 8, 2021
Date:Dec 20, 2020
1879 no mint mark. Coin was in great condition except for a very small flat impact mark on the rim. I have gotten average circulation Morgans that were in worse shape. Very happy.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Easy to Sell
- Recognized Brand
From:New York, NY
Date:Jul 17, 2020
Date:Mar 25, 2020
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.