Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Packaged individually in a protective plastic capsule. Multiples of 20 come in sealed rolls. Multiples of 100 are packaged in a sealed box.
- Mintage cap of 5,000 coins.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2018 year-date are depicted.
- Reverse: The coin’s reverse depicts a representation of a Victoria’s Riflebird perched on a branch with its wings outstretched and its mouth wide open. The design includes the inscription "AUSTRALIAN BIRD OF PARADISE" and The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign Silver coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Gold Victoria’s Riflebird in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The 2018 Gold Victoria’s Riflebird not only features a gorgeous design, they are also produced in limited mintages creating a great collectible opportunity. Add the 2018 1 oz Gold Victoria’s Riflebird to your cart today!
The bird of paradise is famously associated with the island of New Guinea. It's beautiful plumes are used as currency by local tribes and worn as adornments during cultural ceremonies. A remarkable example is Victoria’s riflebird. Known as the "duwuduwu" to the indigenous Yidinji people, it was recorded by naturalist John Macgillivray in 1848 and subsequently named after the reigning of Queen Victoria.
In color, the male bird’s similarity to the uniforms of contemporary British riflemen is the purported reason for its common title. Velvety black, the plumage includes areas of iridescent greenish blue, purple and bronze which are used to showy effect during its theatrical courtship dance.
This flamboyant display involves a series of nodding, weaving and flapping movements. As a dramatic finale, the bird holds its head high while arching its wings up skyward in a dramatic call for a mate.
Each coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 1oz of .9999 fine Gold, and issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Aug 30, 2018
This coin is GORGEOUS! Beautiful, unique design; this bird is a great choice for a coin. Could be a great start to an exciting series or just a beautiful coin that stands alone. Either way, what a stunning coin to add to any collection.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.