- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The Gold American Eagle is often considered the most beautiful coin design. PCGS certification add collectible value to the inaugural issue of the first ever redesign of this popular coin's reverse.
The U.S. Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public. APMEX is one of very few companies authorized to purchase all four Precious Metals from the U.S. Mint, and the only retailer among this exclusive group, allowing us to offer American Eagle products directly to our customers.
- Each coin contains 1/4 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the nearly flawless MS-69 condition of the coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Containing a quarter-ounce of Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2021 1/4 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today! Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding a nice presentation box to your order.
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
Introduced in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series is one of the most popular Gold bullion coins on the market today. Collectors and investors alike opt for the Gold Eagle because of its attractive design, near universal recognition, and the fact that their purity and weight are guaranteed by the United States Treasury. The obverse design was initially created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the Double Eagle introduced in 1907, and is considered to be among the most artistic U.S. coin designs of all time.
PCGS Gold Eagles
Though Gold Eagles are prized by investors for their Gold content and U.S. Treasury backing, collectors are drawn to the Gold Eagles series as well, due to their attractive design and wide recognition. Collector interest in this issue is particularly high, being the first since 1986 to feature a new design. PCGS, an independent third-party grading service with a trusted 35-year reputation, adds collectible appeal by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin, then encapsulating it in a protective holder backed by a full guarantee of authenticity and condition. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-70 - indicating a superlative coin with no perceptible flaws, as well as MS-69 - coins with only the slightest imperfections. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as First Day of Issue or FirstStrike if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within the first day or 30 days, respectively, of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition, and those among the very first released, especially prized with a historic release such as this one.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.